Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Ombre Nails - Nail Art






This is last weeks nail art efforts of my first attempt at creating an Ombre effect. I had seen an image online of white and blue ombre nails which obviously inspired me to attempt it myself.

It took me a few practice attempts to first find a colour combination i was happy with. And just practicing sponging it on and how much nail polish to use.

So if you want to give it a go, all you need is two nail polish colours, one obviously needs to be darker than the other, and then something to apply the ombre effect with. I used a piece of sponge (which i stole from the kitchen) and cut a small piece off, you could use a small makeup sponge if you have one spare.


Just paint your nails as normal with one colour, and make sure they are completely dry before you start to sponge on the second colour. Take your small sponge, and dab a bit of you second colour onto the end of it. I also had a blank bit of paper to sponge off the excess nail polish close by, as usually the first couple of dabs are quite heavy. I started on my pinky as my theory was by the time i reached my thumb i should be good at sponging the colour on. 

Now when your done make sure again, its completely dry and apply two coats of a good quality top coat, that way you know it's going to last long and preserve all that hard work you have just done to paint your nails.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment